Bucket List Time

This has nothing to do with the Rules, but since it is my Blog, my rules.

A couple of weeks ago (June 27), I had an opportunity to put one more item into my personal bucket of things to do before I can't do them anymore.  I had a $500 gift card for Pebble Beach and since I was visiting my sister in California, I took the opportunity to play the Links.  I call about a week ahead of time to see about availability and got a time of 1:40 pm on the 27th, joining a twosome and another single.  Since I was not staying at the Lodge, it only cost me another $95 to play.

The rough was still about 3-3 1/2 inches (after the US Open less than two weeks earlier) and the greens were relatively slow, stimping at 9 according to both the proshop and my feel for them.  I played to course from the white tees (6200 yds, roughly, 72.0/135) and managed a 94 with my 10 course handicap.

For you stats geeks, I hit nine fairways, two greens (three putted one and birdied the other) and couldn't advance the ball very far out of the rough.  On the plus side, the scenery lived up to every accolade you've ever heard about the course.

An Old Fat Guy on #7

View back from 11 Green across #9 and #10

The Iconic Sweeping #18


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacing Clubs?

I'll Bet This has Happened to You at some Time

I got a lot of Penalty Strokes, too