Putting with Flagstick in the Hole

I noticed during the play of the LPGA Tour stop in Evian, France, that Shenshen Feng putted with the flagstick in the hole -- all perfectly legal as we all know.  When she holed her ball and it was at rest against the flagstick, but not at the bottom of the hole, she always wiggled the flagstick to allow the ball to fall to the bottom.  She apparently didn't know (as my faithful readers do) that the ball is holed if the ball is touching the flagstick and any part of the ball is below the surface of the green (Rule 13.2c).  She could have simply removed the ball as it was suspended, resting against the flagstick.

I know from personal experience that it is easier to remove the ball near the top of the hole, than it is to reach all the way down to the bottom of the hole. (from a Morbidly Obese (according to my Wii Fit) fellow golfer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacing Clubs?

I'll Bet This has Happened to You at some Time

I got a lot of Penalty Strokes, too